1. Come to your set/ meditation space with no judgement
2. Accept that you are not attached to your thoughts
3. Know that your mind can not be turned off completely
4. You may have an off topic thought during meditation and this is okay... no judgement
5. If your mind is very busy and feels all over the place during meditation, tell yourself it's okay, and accept yourself and your mind as it is, with no judgement. This is why we continue to practice. It helps the mind find the calm in the chaos.